Sunday, 4 December 2011

A Classic Coat...

Now, I'm not a fashionista, a trend setter, or style icon, nor do I profess to be one. This blog is just me, writing about the things I feel passionate about. One of my biggest passions happens to be fashion! So you will probably see a lot of my ramblings are about clothes, accessories and beauty! I'm still a beginner at blogging and it's taking me some getting used to. If you don't like what I have to say, you don't have to look, but I'm grateful for your thoughts and comments and followers are always welcome!

Now anyway, back to the topic in hand...
Today is the first day I can honestly say I felt "Christmassy", outside it's cold and wintery. The light is different, the days are shorter and the countdown to Christmas has begun. I'm certainly feeling a chill in the air. A friend of mine recently asked me to help her find a coat. A coat for work and for keeping warm in the winter evenings. Now, there are thousands of different styles of coat on the market at the moment and I could spend weeks writing about them all. Instead I've tried to look for a few of my high street favourites. My friend is tall, slim, feminine and a classically beautiful. So I have tried to find coats that reflect this description.


Navy & Camel.
These are design classics, the colours transcend through the seasons and can be worn with almost anything.





I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this! nailing all the trends,
Topshop, now only £68.


For something more sophisticated,
Planet, £269 reduced to £179.



I love that this is collarless, so you can add your choice of fur collar or accessorise with scarf or statement jewellery.
Now only £45, Dorothy Perkins.


Black.
A design classic, but can be a bit harsh against a pale complexion especially in the winter months. Perfect for playing it safe when out and about but If you want to stand out from the crowd, accessorise using shoes, jewellery and a bag.

You'll certainly get your license to frill in this jacket,
£160, Monsoon.



Make like Batman in your very own cape,
£120, Monsoon.

This fabulous funnel neck comes in hot pink or black.
£90, Next.



Show off your sparkly side with this sequin trim coat
£114.90, Mango.
Neutrals. 
Again, they are classic, but not for the butter fingered or stain seekers like myself. Steer clear if you cannot avoid spillages, splashes or stains!

You won't stand out if it snows!
£75, BHS

Cute and cosy, snuggle up in this wrap around
£79.99 Zara.


Mmm cashmere... this luxurious coat is my longer length coat of choice this winter
£179, Marks and Spencer.
Brights
So if you're bold, jewel colours and colour popping are for you. Aubergine, teal and purple are winter classics.
 
This is tres chic.
£ 275, Whistles.

Hot pink
£69 to £45, Dorothy Perkins.


Love the fur collar and fit and flare waist on this little number! Also available in brown!
£60, Next.
My favourite colour pop coat and not just because it's called "Charlotte"!
£180, Monsoon.



Cute, cute and cute! Go gorgeous in green, the ribbon detail around the collar is a key trend this season.
£75, Topshop.



Keep warm this winter,

Love, Lottie xXx



1 comment:

  1. Love love love the coats and you Miss PW! As soon as I'm back to normal (and not needing to sleep all the day) I'm going after that gorgeous navy topshop one!

    Loving your blogs chick - keep it up :) xx

    ReplyDelete